The Art of Seeing Sideways
Ways of seeing critically through artistic perspective
The Art of Seeing Sideways is an intense 4-day engaging workshop for university students. Designed to shift participants’ perception the workshop includes introductions, observations, Walk&Talk, critical analysis, creative production and presentations. Through the workshop students gain an important insight into questioning the environment in which they live. With fun and exciting collaborative works they project their point of view and discuss challenges that arose in the class.
- 4-day workshop
- Introduction to the workshop
- A 4-hour observation exercise (in a shopping mall)
- A Walk&Talk to stretch legs and brain
- A session into critical analysis
- A future archive to future about the possible futures
- Creative development and production of collaborative projects
- Presentations of the project to the group and outside visitors
- Wrap-up with an open ended discussion
Workshopped at: Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), Singapore. 2017
Photo by Una and Metod.